ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINE
Abstract Submission Starts on 01 March 2022, 00:00 am CET.
Abstract Submission Deadline is 30 June 2022, 11:59 pm CET
Evaluation Results will be announced by the end of July 2022.
- Abstract body (300 words maximum)
The abstract body should be structured under four parts:
– Materials and Methods
- Keywords (Minimum 2, maximum 5)
The abstracts can be submitted as oral, poster or video presentations.
Oral Presentation: Abstracts submitted to this category will be evaluated for presentation in the free paper sessions. If they are not able to be scheduled in the free paper sessions, they may automatically be evaluated as posters.
Poster Presentation: Abstracts submitted to this category will be evaluated for poster presentation only. Selected presentations will be eligible for poster discussion sessions.
Video Presentation: Abstracts submitted to this category will be evaluated for presentation in the video sessions.
- Benign Anorectal Disease & Pelvic Floor: Hemorrhoids, Anal fissure, Abscess, Fistula, Rectovaginal fistula, Anal Stricture, Pilonidal disease, Pruritis ani, Sexually transmitted infections (excluding HPV) – Anal pain, Fecal incontinence, Constipation, Obstructed defecation, Rectal prolapse, Sacral Nerve Stimulation, Functional Bowel Disorders, Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Basic Science and Education: Projects aimed at the fundamental understanding of Colorectal Disease development and treatment – Physician education (medical student, resident, fellow, and in-practice), Technical skills assessment, and Practice management, Maintenance of certification
- Benign Abdominal Disease & Endoscopy: Diverticular disease, Inflammatory Bowel Disease , Large bowel obstruction, Volvulus, Lower gastrointestinal bleeding, Endometriosis, Trauma, Intestinal stomas, Colitis (infectious, ischemic, microscopic, radiation induced and C. difficile related), Anastomotic issues
- Neoplasia (Colon and Rectal Cancer): Adenocarcinoma of the colon and rectum, Neoadjuvant treatment, Watch and wait, Adjuvant therapy, Functional outcomes, Low anterior resection syndrome, Local Recurrence, Transanal excision
- Nursing Congress – Ostomy Management
- Nursing Congress – Wound Management
- Nursing Congress – Incontinence Management
The number of authors is limited to 12 per abstract. The presenter’s name must be listed first and will receive all communication related to the abstract.
Tables and Images
Figure/table number is limited to 4.
Requirements for Video Abstracts
- The abstract of the video presentation must be summited through abstract submission system. After submitting the abstract, the related video must be sent by www.wetransfer.com or www.sendgb.com . The abstract reference number and the presenter name must be stated on the explanation part of the file transfer program.
- The deadline for abstract and video submission is 30 June 2022.
- The video must be no more than 7 minutes and include voice guidance.
- It must be in one of the following formats: .mov, .mp4, .mpeg, .mpg, .wmv and no larger than 500 MB.
- Submissions require audio narration/voiceover. During the presentation of accepted videos the audio narration/voiceover is muted so the presenter can present/speak.
Registration is Required
Presenter of abstracts accepted as oral, poster or video are expected to register for the congress for their abstracts being included in the scientific program. The presenters shall cover their registration, accommodation or transportation expenses themselves.
For any technical assistance about abstract submission, please contact the Organizing Secretariat.